Youth Worker Vacancy
Job Description and Person Specification
Role: To facilitate the set-up, recruitment and running of our wellbeing and self-esteem groups for girls.
At Blackfen Community Library we are focused on serving our community. We believe that at the heart of a great community is a focal point that is welcoming, inviting and accessible. You would be part of a friendly, dynamic team working at the heart of the Blackfen Community. The library runs a range of activities, from catering for toddlers and mums at the Library story time, to the scrabble and craft clubs for the retired. We are looking to recruit a qualified youth worker to run two 8 week courses one evening per week. Think this sounds like a challenge you want to be a part of? Then read on…
Only candidates that demonstrate the required experience will be contacted.
Hours: 7 hours per week for 16 weeks. Temporary 6 month contract
Salary: £12 per hour
Job Description: To deliver our high quality courses aimed at 11-13 year old girls. The course aims to build resilience and self-esteem while addressing some low level mental health issues.
You will be expected to:
1. Advertise the courses and encourage young people to participate, liaising with local groups, schools and parent/guardians.
2. Prepare, deliver and evaluate high quality sessions for the young people and lead a small team to deliver the course with measurable outcomes.
3. Undertake any other reasonable duties/ requests (other than those stated in the job description) as requested from a Senior Member of staff.
1. A strong commitment to young people and a thorough knowledge of the issues facing young people.
2. Knowledge and understanding of the principles of youth work.
3. A qualification in youth work or mental health or community work or equivalent.
4. An awareness of safeguarding, health and safety and data protection procedures.
1. Experience in youth work.
2. Flexible, willing to adapt and a positive attitude.
3. Creative with presentation.
4. Good organizational skills and the ability to work independently on your own initiative.
5. Excellent communication and listening skills.
6. A passion for hospitality and connecting with a wide range of people, especially young people.
7. Honesty and integrity.
8. Reliable and punctual.
9. Able to work as part of a team and have close working relationships with all members of staff in particular Team leaders, volunteers and senior leadership of the Library.
10. Experience and confident in using ICT and record keeping.
11. Experience of working within the community.
12. Experience of leading a team.
Other info: DBS Checks: A full DBS check through the vetting and barring scheme will be carried out.
Ethos and Values: We ask that you are able to work within the values and community focus of the Library’s vision and are able to positively reflect these through your work.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 6th October
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.