Assistant Youth Worker
Job Description and Person Specification
Role: To assist in facilitating our wellbeing and self-esteem groups for girls.
At Blackfen Community Library we are focused on serving our community. We believe that at the heart of a great community is a focal point that is welcoming, inviting and accessible. You would be part of a friendly, dynamic team working at the heart of the Blackfen Community. The library runs a range of activities, from catering for toddlers and mums at the Library story time, to the scrabble and craft clubs for the retired.
We are looking to recruit a youth worker to help to run two 8 week courses one evening per week.
Think this sounds like a challenge you want to be a part of? Then read on…
Only candidates that demonstrate the required experience will be contacted.
Hours: 3 hours per week for 16 weeks. Temporary 6 month contract.
Salary: £10 per hour
To help deliver our high-quality courses aimed at 11-13-year-old girls. The course aims to build resilience and self-esteem whilst addressing some low level mental health issues.
You will be expected to assist the youth leader to deliver the courses with measurable outcomes.
1. A strong commitment to young people and a thorough knowledge of the issues facing young people.
2. Knowledge and understanding of the principles of youth work.
3. A qualification or experience in youth work or mental health or community work or equivalent.
4. An awareness of safeguarding, health and safety and data protection procedures.
1. Flexible, willing to adapt and a positive attitude
2. Excellent communication and listening skills.
3. A passion for hospitality and connecting with a wide range of people especially young people.
4. Honesty and integrity.
5. Reliable and punctual.
6. Able to work as part of a team and have close working relationships with all members of staff in particular Team leaders, volunteers and senior leadership of the Library.
Other info: DBS Checks:
A full DBS check through the vetting and barring scheme will be carried out.
Ethos and Values:
We ask that you are able to work within the values and community focus of the Library’s vision and are able to positively reflect these through your work.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com by Tuesday 6th October.